Graphic recorder in Open Space

Peggy Holman peggy at opencirclecompany.com
Sat Aug 9 10:57:33 PDT 2003

Hello all.  What an odd time with the list disappearing and reappearing!!

I am doing an OS next week and there will be a graphic recorder there. (This is a person who captures the content of an event on large murals in pictures and words.  In other meeting forms, speakers and plenary discussions are documented.  The charts make fabulous meeting reports.)

I've had a graphic recorder participate in one OS event.  She set up in a hall way that everyone passed through, wrote the conference theme on a large blank page and proceeded to create a great mural of words and pictures through conversations with people who stopped by.  She also invited people to add their own bits as well.  Here's the result:
http://www.opencirclecompany.com/AvEd2020EndMural.jpg

I've also on occasion just supplied the blank mural with the theme and drawing materials and the invitation to create something.  Once it worked brilliantly another time (with arts groups, who I suspect were too self conscious) the paper stayed blank.

Have others worked with graphic recorders in Open Space?  What are your experiences?

yours from an overcast Seattle,
Peggy

P.S.  Elena -- yes, I'll be in Denmark for OSonOS.  And about "'old' guys working here on the old mood", I'm not sure what you mean, but it sounds like a good thing!

Peggy Holman
The Open Circle Company
15347 SE 49th Place
Bellevue, WA  98006