11 day rolling open space

Robyn pov at iinet.net.au
Sat Aug 9 10:10:54 PDT 2003

Hello everyone,

My name is Robyn Williams (Perth, Western Australia). I've facilitated
for some years, gradually moving towards more invisible approaches in my
practice. Over the past couple of years, I've enjoyed excellent
mentoring from Brendan McKeegue, and attended training with Michael
Hermann last year. I've had the darndest time trying to subscribe to
this list, and just in the knick of time!

I'm organising an eleven day rolling open space as part of "Sustainable
September" a promotion/branding concept which will link a range of
sustainability related events and activities coinciding with the 3rd
World sustainability Conference to be held in my hometown of Fremantle,
Western Australia, next month. Brendan will open the space on Sept 11
and we'll close with a convergence on World Peace Day, 21 Sept.

In between, the "space" will be the city, the Marketplace and News board
will be in the public library (replicated on a webpage) supported by
posters and publicity. I'm inviting local cafes, community centres,
Council and other venues to host conversations, and expect spontaneous
action and activities to pop up in the streets. I hope that some of the
conference delegates will be drawn out into the community to join in.

Has anyone had experience in anything like this? Any tips for a new
player?

Warm regards
Robyn Williams
PERSISTENCE OF VISION