Silence is golden

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Sun Apr 27 20:54:11 PDT 2003

Thanks, Rob, for your eloquent words.  We are blessed to live where we have
silence quite often--the sounds around us are the sounds of birdsong, the
tapping of a woodpecker, a squirrel scolding.  And it does give us the space
to ponder what we have heard and read.

What I noticed in Australia was the numbers and wide variety of birds--it
seemed that everywhere we were awakened by birds of some kind.

I hope that the wildlife was not totally wiped out by your harsh season of
bush fires.  And we join you in rejoicing that the fire season is almost at
an end.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful part of the world with those of us who were
fortunate to be in Marysville!

Joelle Everett