espacio abierto (report, a bit long)

Pannwitz, Michael M mmpanne at snafu.de
Sun Apr 27 08:26:36 PDT 2003

Dear Florian,
toward the end of May, I will have the opportunity to introduce 48
people from 14 European countries to open space-technology (a 4,5 day
training in Weimar, Germany).
Since there has been a strange rumour that it is close to impossible
to have open space in Spain, I would very much like to make your mail
available to the participants.
May I?
peace
mmp

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 18:17:15 +0200, florian fischer wrote:

>dear friends,
>
>two weeks ago I opened and held space
>for an international meeting in the province of almeria, spain.
>as far as I know that was for the very first time
>OpenSpace (Espacio Abierto) was offered at andalucia
>(the autonomous region in the south of spain).
>
>let me say my lot of thanks to all of you working as  my background
>in facilitating groups (as well in facilitating myself in everydaylife).
>
>special thanks to horst steinmeier from mexiko,
>gerard muller from denmark and ian barber from madrid
>for sending help  enabling me to facilitate in spanish language.
>
>the meeting was
>sponsored by the local working Partida Independiente Comarca de Nijar,
>intending to activate people for to take part at the regional-elections
>in the month of  may. for the first time not only spanish people
>but as well people from other european countries (EU) have the right
>for voting in the regional elections where they are living full- or
>parttime.
>
>when I came in contact with the party they had already started
>with meetings to present themselves in every village of the region.
>they did it in the the usual manner with
>two or three speakers in front of  an audience:
>"the programm of the party is to listen to the people. please tell us,
>what is going wrong in your village, what is to be changed"
>people stood up accusing the actual government about a lot of things,
>the speakers wrote it in their notebook, some of the audience
>shouted against others in the audience --   it got louder and louder,
>
>when I took part in one of those meetings I asked them
>instead of accusing the actual government and
>instead of promising change as a possibly new government
>to enable people for to develop solutions themselves,
>using the government afterwords mainly for to serve in realizing the
>solutions.
>as a way for to start into a new manner of development
>I explained Espacio Abierto.(I had to avoid any american word,
>because of the language of the acting american president).
> they invited me to go ahead together with them in preparing
>a meeting in the manner of OpenSpace.
>as headline for the invitation they decided:
>»my life as people of nijar (mi vida como nijareño y nijareña)«
>which is to say, that beside the nationality of birth
>everyone living in the region of Nijar is a Nijareño.
>in the view of spanish people that seems rather provoking, because
>there is not any experience in integrating immigrants from abroad.
>
>the OpenSpace took place on sunday   6th of april
>from 9:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m. with handwritten
>reports for every of the 40 participants at the end.
>(including the essentials and the origin of OS)
>four people appointed going ahead as a working-group for solutions
>in the main conflict of whole the region
>between agriculture, tourism and protecting the nature.
>
>at the end the sponsor marked that day
> [...]

Michael M Pannwitz
boscop
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelmpannwitz.de

An der E-Gruppe "openspacedeutsch" für deutschsprechende open space-PraktikerInnen interessiert? Enfach eine mail an mich.