Out of the Silence

Judi Richardson judir at accesswave.ca
Sat Apr 26 08:55:37 PDT 2003

Ashley and Christine....

Thank you for sharing.  I host a circle here where many of us explore
authentic conversation.  I appreciate your sharing from the heart and I took
your thoughts with me into the woods.

Holding space for me includes much of what you both talk about.  When I
experience Unity of Purpose within, including connection to Source, being,
doing, acting is effortless and fearless.  I hold space for peace -- and I
do that from my practice of inner peace.  That also means staying in my
inner peace if and when someone else takes exception to what I've said or
done or even how I look,
because it means that communicating "out there" really means communicating
"in here" as well.
Some of us touched on this subject on another list.

As we know, in Quantum physics - that at a subatomic level, we, and
everything else in the Universe, is Energy. When you break everything down,
we're all made of the same stuff, and we're all connected. The Universe is
just this huge ocean of Energy, vibrating at various frequencies which gives
the illusion of individuation. That is, we experience the illusion of
separateness from each other, physical objects, and wealth because our
"senses" are decoding the Energy around us in such a way as to create our
physical reality. This all happens in our thoughts. So, "things" only exist
because we observe them. It is in our observing that things come into
existence. Without our observing, things are simply "waves" - probabilities
of existence.

I choose to see and speak of those such as yourself who are working toward
sacred community as great gifts and role models. I choose to attract clients
who want to do the same. I watch and I learn from you, rather than seeing
and speaking of others less ethical, thus giving them power. And, once
again, I'm not talking about rose colored glasses -- there is still space
for anger, discernment, sadness. I offer this as my belief is, if we as a
collective on this list, continually write words about how tough it is to
get enough participants, to attract decent clients, etc..... those words
become actions and habits. And I'm certainly not suggesting that we stop
raising our vulnerability to each other, as vulnerability is power. And I
will continue to ask for clarification and assistance when I'm caught in a
spiral of change and
temporarily can't see clearly.

It is focussing on what I appreciate in life so that Spirit has a clear idea
of what I want <grin>. And yeah, there are times when it's more that I can
feel that I'm still trying to make the paradigm shift from the old
"struggle, struggle, big brother won't let me, and making-do with what
little there is" syndrome into the "freedom, ease, flow, allowing and it can
come easily space". My work is trusting that.

Space for sacred conversation can only be "sunk" into the world of language
if I choose for it to be. So, today I choose to appreciate and recognize the
hundreds of you who beleive in sacred community and sustainability in this
space and who are creating that for others and the hundreds I meet in the
organizations and communities I work with, play with, sweat with.
And, as I write this, I am grateful to have had the space to articulate this
here -- and the crystal in my window reflects a rainbow on the wall to the
left of my monitor.
Belief is such a powerful thing and is made up of thoughts. It seems like
yesterday I was looking into the eyes of my 11 year old after his first pee
wee football game saying -- Mum, I'm going to be a pro some day. And he
leaves (at 23) in a few weeks to play with Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the
Canadian Football League marvelling at how he has attracted an agent who
speaks of
the game as fun, assists in finding him an apartment, saving money, and
places for prayer and contemplation!  He is one of my greatest teachers as
he takes himself fully to this game -- and has made great changes in any
team he has played with.  And he laughs as he tries to tell others what his
Mum "does"!

Judi
Judith Richardson
Pono Consultants International