OS and strategic planning

Larry Peterson larry at spiritedorg.com
Wed Apr 9 13:40:49 PDT 2003

I agree with Kerry on this one.  I have opened space many times as part
of "strategic planning" - getting clarity, passion and direction about
intentionally moving forward.  It is also a great way to practice
"emergent" strategy.  Developing the ability to respond when "chaos
strikes".  One client said that the three year plan took two years
because in Open Space those implementing the "plan" produced it and
started implementing it (and the relationships needed to  carry it off)
in the Open Space.

Larry

Larry Peterson
Associates in Transformation