Open Space on television?

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Tue Apr 8 21:40:15 PDT 2003

Friends--

Someone has inquired about doing an Open Space conference on television.
Have any of you done this?

The person who inquired thinks, correctly, that Open Space provides a good
environment for people with conflicting beliefs to talk with each other.

I have two questions--

First, will participants be willing to speak freely, knowing that their
comments are being heard by a television audience?

Second, I question whether real-time group conversation would play well on
television, to an audience used to fast-paced, highly scripted and editted
shows.

But I have no first-hand experience on this.  Do you?

Thanks,

Joelle