AW: Using digital cameras...

Douglas D. Germann, Sr. 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Mon Sep 30 07:49:21 PDT 2002

Bernd--

I love your phrase "sharing an 'internal' mental status"--it helps me
comprehend better what is this thing called "holding space."

Then you say "accepts and stays fully open for intensive and flexible
overlapping of all the present...." That got me to wondering if being open,
and holding open space, also includes allowing that space and those in it
to overlap into us.

In other words, provided we don't let our attention go to the instruments
(for example, the camera, or even the butterfly poster or what we "need" to
say about it), letting the space hold us and touch us might be good, too.

So in that sense going into the circles and focusing on the people might be
a form of holding space most appropriately.

                              :-Doug. Germann