AW: AW: Graphics in Open Space

Visuelle Protokolle mail at visuelle-protokolle.de
Sun Sep 22 17:05:33 PDT 2002

  Harrison wrote:
  You asked -- "what does it need to make people really do it" The key word
here (for me) is "make." You can't do it, and still keep the space open.
Invite, encourage -- yes. But make, No! And if invited -- folks seem to
respond. And if they don't, that is their choice, which must be honored. And
I am not at all sure that "people at Open Space like painted records much
better than written ones." Some do. Some don't. It is about choosing, and
being responsible for your choice.

  You got me. You say it: it is about choosing! So I consciously change my
position and ask: Is there a way to let people know about the possibilities
of painted records in Open Space?

  I heard people tell their folks introducing Open Space, that please in
every group one or more should write down the results and bring the notes to
the plenum. As if there was a second law, the one of the two feet and the
one of one hand writing. Beautiful if there is the alternative of a basket
full of markers and lots of paper, and digital cameras as well, and
encouragement to write poems or sing the record!

  Reinhard

  VISUELLE PROTOKOLLE
  Kuchenmueller & Dr. Stifel

  Munich Germany