SV: Re-opening during one day OST meetings

Thomas Herrmann thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
Fri Sep 20 08:24:00 PDT 2002

Thanks for your input Michael, Eddie and others
Today I met the manager of this company. She is very open to trying out this
re-opening approach. Now it´s up to me to plan it! This week she had been on
a two day retreat with the top managemeng for of all of the branches of this
company in Sweden. She said that she would have loved it to be held in Open
Space!
I have a few questionmarks on this re-opening design:
1. I am thinking about how to make these reports possible to read for the
160 participants. Computors will be used for writing reports during the
conference (book of proceedings will be produced outof this). I like your
proposal - making a gallery, but I think, that including reading and
mingling it would need an hour?
2. Closing. I read an idea on the meta Network about having the closing
after the sessions and reading the reports (NOW). After that to reopen the
space for next step action. And then actionmeetings.

So far I have planned to let the actiongroups have 1 minute each to report
on their next steps and finally a comment from management. I would then say
a few words... and it would sure be clear that they are wandering out in the
open space of their organization... It feels odd not to have the usual way
of closing, but it isn´t a closing, the space is open. Do you have any
thoughts on that?

I am happy and greatful for this opportunity to try and learn more about
this re-opening approach. Well, I am off to the circus with my daughter,
Moa. I will probably come back with more questions.
Best regards
Thomas