Open Space in Oral Cultures

Ralph Copleman ralph at earthdreams.net
Mon Sep 16 08:46:37 PDT 2002

On 9/16/02 9:18 AM, "WB-TrainConsult" <wb-trainconsult at GMX.NET> wrote:

> 1) Should I take the responsibility to invite my client to go for
> such a journey?
> In other words: is it possible to realize open space with people who
> are completely illiterate?
>
> 2) Are there practical experiences I can rely on?
>
> 3) Wouldn't it be necessary (and great) to make OST even simpler?
> (Putting a part of the external instrumentation back into the heads)

Bernd,

I have no experience of this type to go on, but here are my answers...

1) If you want to, why not?  I completely agree with the things you said
about memory capacity.  If we open space in the belief that only "educated"
people wearing watches can do this, then we are fools.  After hundreds of
open space experiences, I trust the power of people to self-organize
regardless of their culture and background.

2) I wish I could help here, but I'm sure there are others on this list who
can.

3) If anybody can do this, you can.

Ralph Copleman