Using digital cameras...

Chris Corrigan chris at chriscorrigan.com
Sun Sep 15 16:45:24 PDT 2002

Winston clarified:

>  Thanks to Chris and Reinhard for your thoughts. You both refer to
"text".
>  What I am really considering is doing away with the computer (for the
>  purposes of creating text) completely, asking the participants to
render
>  their reports (including "who came" etc.) entirely on the flip
charts,
>  and
>  then using the camera (and a basic photo editor) as the sole
>  "transcribing"
>  device.

I hear you, and it's a great idea.  I know, however, that a lot of my
clients like to be able to take the text of typed up proceedings and cut
and paste it into all kinds of other documents and so on, so that while
a photographic proceedings would be great, depending on the
organization, people may still need to have digital text that they can
use in other ways.

Size would still matter though.  An OST event with 30 proceedings
photographed at a decent resolution could be pretty big, in the 3-5Mb
range, which would make emailing them really difficult, and downloading
would be inconvenient to say the least.  That would be my only
consideration.

Imagine doing an OST proceedings for a blind group with audio
proceedings?  Sound compression technology I think is better than photo
compression, and having everyone with a report speak it into a mic would
give a pretty cool mix of voices and so on.

Or maybe both....

Chris

>  Winston

---