evaluation

J. Richardson judir at accesswave.ca
Wed Sep 4 09:17:35 PDT 2002

Hi Kerry -- thank you for sharing such a deep message.  In facilitating the
Open Space Technology meeting in Alaska, I was faced with one of those
situations where a participant asked me a question and I chose to find a way
to support him without closing the space.  A 17 year old -- Derek -- came to
me after the first session.  The topic he posted was about why adults don't
do something about teen suicide.  After the first session it was clear there
was passion in the room for more discussion.  I simply asked him what he
would like to see happen.  He said more discussion -- I looked at the topics
on the wall then at him -- and he chose to keep posting the topic over the
two days.  At the end of two days he had an outline for a suicide prevention
program, and some very good leads on funding. Of course he also had Julie
and Terry to support his initiatives after the event!

Judi