might be heresy, but...

Susan Smyth Smythmanagement at aol.com
Mon Sep 2 13:33:58 PDT 2002

Hello all-

I'm a sometimes reader here who does some open space in addition to other
consulting in my 20+ years in the field.

I've spoken to Harrison off-line about this and would also like input from
thel arger community.  I have a client with whom we are doing some
direction-setting work using process mapping around a human interaction (as
opposed to a paper-flow) model.  We are having a 2 day meeting of 425 people
at end of Sept. using open space to dialogue about how to reach the new goals
and direction that has been being determined.  We will also be using audience
response technology with each person having a key pad to vote in on questions
that we pose in advance as well as those derived by people throughout the
session.  has anyone used audience response technology in thier open space
sessions beofre.  We have a high need to determine the areas about which the
group has reached agreement so that thosae agrteements can be built upon in
the coming months.

Am very interested in what people have to say about this.

Many thanks.

Susan Smyth
Smyth Management Resources
2451 Covey Run S.