CE credits for OST?

Lisa Heft lisaheft at pacbell.net
Thu Oct 31 07:19:50 PST 2002

Hello, Doug --

I offer continuing education credits to people who take my OST learning
workshops.  I'm not quite sure which angle you're asking from - the
point of view of the offering entity or the individual who needs the
credits.

So all I did to be able to offer these was to find the California Board
of Behavioral Sciences on the internet and paid them $200 for ... 2
years I think...and gave them a curriculum and resume and such, and now
I am a provider offering continuing education credit for MFCCs and LCSWs
(for those of you not familiar with these acronyms they are social
workers and counselors/therapists).  When I have a moment I'm going to
look into the same for educators.  It was very easy. And nobody says how
many credits I have to offer so I set my own amount.  People completing
my workshop get a certificate (they're the only ones who do because that
is required by the Board - one to them and one on file with me).

Hope that helps you out,

Lisa

L i s a   H e f t
Consultant, facilitator, educator