mental meanderings and self-organization

Ralph Copleman ralph at earthdreams.net
Mon Oct 28 10:28:13 PST 2002

Julie,

See the story of the universe, how everything moved forward creating itself.
See evolution on planet Earth and how life learned to diversify and make
ever-more complex and capable life forms by following a few simple rules.

Now see how far we humans have gotten away from the lessons of the
self-organizing universe over the past several hundred years.

Learning "theory" for me is about getting back into harmony with the natural
order.  Could it be that simple?

Marv Weisbord said to me once, we've sold ourselves a bill of goods, and
it's a long way home.

Ralph Copleman