OS as a transition year exercise

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Mon Oct 14 09:58:11 PDT 2002

Slan--

Don't know what the law is in Ireland.  In the US, the schools are
responsible for the children from the time they arrive at the school or get
on the school bus until they leave at the end of the school day.  So the
school could be liable if they allowed students to use their "two feet" to
wander off.

John Perkins, an OD practitioner in Seattle, did some OS work with high
school students, at an offsite location.  They arranged for an area where
students could go if they chose not to be in a session--students could not
leave the conference area.  But that was the only change that had to be made
to the usual procedures, as I remember.  Some teachers were anxious about the
whole idea, but it worked well.  I might be able to find his e-mail address
if you wish.

Chris Corrigan has been working quite a bit in the Vancouver, BC area with
students of this age.

Sounds like a wonderful addition to the program!

Joelle Everett
Shelton, Washington, USA
jleshelton at aol.com