opening space using two facilitators

Elena A. Marchuk marco at mail.nsk.ru
Sat Oct 5 18:35:16 PDT 2002

Hi Wendy & Fredr'c

my collegue and me, we sometimes do a change even in going around the circle. one of us starts, another when saying:"Well, my partner will tell you about the principals we shall work now, and sometimes a sort of repeating in other words help participants to understand that there is really nothing 'to hear' it is time to 'work'
then again the first one shows the way of posting topics and the other helps people if nessassary to organize the bulletin board

we change our roles in let's say depending 'whos' OS is that - who was invited to do OS will play the main role... but it is not nessassary, we usuall agree - would you mind to start...

or I can say that I would like to start today - I prepared the 'throne' speach for this ocasion (I mean, that I say some words about not only the wise person gathering here and so on, but for example for Civil Forum preparation I said: Civil Society starts with us, here and now...)...

and you (my partner) will say 4 principals and Law and 'the bumblebees and buterflies'...

and we often record on audio AND on video the reports, if there are some nessassity for this and time or just the closing session and type it together with the reports in our Report (A book of proceedings and closing session) but this takes usually just somebody on video... and the other - just watching as recorder is passing along the circle clock-wise turn, together or instead of microfone...

on this last one OS my partner wanted to post a topic, which she did, and it was ok for the situation, as we were all in 'search for civil society'...

I think and hope that it doesn't confuse people and they can ask both of us, when needed any question and probably they are already used that often we are doing a lot of work together, though we do a lot separately...

best wishes

elena