help me think this through?

Winston Kinch kinch at rogers.com
Fri Oct 4 11:54:56 PDT 2002

Perhaps not really so different Lisa...
I read nothing you said to include the unrequested promotion of one's
personal agenda while one is facilitating OS - which I think was the key
question, or at least the part to which I was responding. Literature
tables, inclusive of your own and other peoples material, make a lot of
sense in many situations, particularly where this no "intact group". And I
think that information about Open Space, books on the process itself, are
in a slightly different category to the agenda of the facilitator,
especially when the "theme" is OST training ...
Perhaps a way to bridge it, Ted, would be to frame a theme to specifically
include the name of your organization, and if possible make information
about it available in advance... As in:  "I & O for the furtherance of
peace in our community through HM" or something... then at least there is
no "covertness" to the recruitment objective...  And I still think the idea
of interjecting promotional information during the meeting is less than
wise...
wk