[Fwd: Re: A Partial Diary of the Collective Buddha]

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Tue May 14 17:06:06 PDT 2002

In a message dated 5/13/02 10:53:56 PM, mmpanne at snafu.de writes:

<< What I am trying to get at is: Is my facilitator mode in regards to

boundaries, limits etc. not only a marginal element? Or put

differently, is that concern on these issues a leftover

"control-control-control" part of me which is hard to process?

Michael--

Anytime I find myself getting compulsive about an issue or element of a
situation is probably a good time to talk to the part of myself that would
like to take control of everything.  As a facilitator, I am probably going to
dance between appropriate (or not!) structure and unbounded spaciousness,
whether or not that dance is needed or useful.  Call it good professional
practice or the ego demanding to have its own way.  Sometimes, when my
compulsiveness has run its course, I am more able to be totally open to
whatever happens.  It is a process of education that does not seem to be
finished in one iteration.

Joelle