A Partial Diary of the Collective Buddha

kenoli Oleari kenoli at igc.org
Thu May 9 09:25:59 PDT 2002

Yes, I agree.  I think what I was trying to evoke here was that
within some context there has to be unregulated participation.
People need to be able to feel spontaneous and creative.  I don't
think this is in conflict with a talking stick circle, Open Space
structure or any other thoughtful process container.  I am holding an
internal dialog here with seeing process as needing to hold a
creative tension between order and chaos, structure and freedom.

Kenoli

>Kenoli--
>
>Your list is evocative to me. Thank you for collecting all these things in
>one place. It is important to have, and I shall keep it as a checklist for
>myself.
>
>One place I would differ with you, slightly, is the notion of "unregulated
>participation."
>
>My experience is that regulation is sometimes helpful, as in what I call a
>Listening Stick Circle. This is similar to what is sometimes done in OST,
>with the caveat that the person with the stick is the one being listened
>to, and others will listen deeply, without interruption or comment. This,
>in my experience, has helped the flow of Spirit, or at least gotten out of
>its way when it decided to show up.
>
>                               :-Doug. Germann
>
>*
>*
>Visit:

Kenoli Oleari, Horizons of Change, http://www.horizonsofchange.com
1801 Fairview Street, Berkeley, CA  94703   Voice Phone: 510-601-8217,
Fax: 510-595-8369, Email: kenoli at igc.org (or click on: mailto://kenoli@igc.org)