A Partial Diary of the Collective Buddha

Julie Smith jsmith at mosquitonet.com
Thu May 9 09:20:17 PDT 2002

Greetings Kenoli,

I hail from Fairbanks.  Others on this list live in Kenai, Soldotna and
Anchorage.  When next you return to Alaska, please let us know, as we
would love to meet you in person.  :)  And to continue on the mosquito
track, mosquitoes are SO prevalent here, and some are so big, that we
often joke they are our state bird.

The document I've started compiling is currently 2300 KB (about 287
pages, I think.)  I haven't had a chance to do any editing yet, and I'm
not really sure how to approach that issue.  The only reason I even
consider it is because of the length of the document.  My preference
would be to include the entire text of every message (though in most
cases I have deleted the portion of the text that repeats the earlier
message, the stuff that happens when we hit "Reply" and don't delete the
earlier message.)  I'm also not sure I'm done adding to the compilation.
I stopped at the end of September because it was a natural stopping
place and my family was starting to give me strange looks.  I haven't
taken a look at what might be a natural stopping place yet.

You said:

> I have seen groups of people routinely go
> places together that it seemed impossible for them to go as
> individuals.

That is precisely my experience with this list.  I haven't routinely had
that experience anywhere else.  I've learned things here from others AND
from myself that I didn't have access to before.  (That's really the
most amazing part for me, to participate in a discussion and find myself
typing things I didn't know I knew before.  The integrity and support of
this group makes that possible.)

Ditto Doug's appreciation for your list of process considerations.

Julie