Word from a friend

Doris Gottlieb dlgottlieb at chello.nl
Thu May 9 00:59:19 PDT 2002

Dear Tova,

´My 14 year old daughter, Shira, had spoken to me few days ago with deep
reflection in her voice ( after arguing with kids her age who hold extreme
opinions) :"you know, Imma (Mommy' in Hebrew), I do not understand how
people can be extreemly leftist or exrteemly rightist in this situation"
when I questioned 'why' she answered: " because the only sane position in
this mass, were every one is right and does wrong, in not to be sure that
you know, and to look for what is right".´

I've been more of an observer than a participant on this list,  but I very
much wanted to thank you for your last posting.
What a wise daughter you have. Thank you for your post and this quote from
her, it has moved me deeply and I hope it is okay if I quote her sometimes
when I feel in myself that I am too sure in this very complex and unsure
world.

Sincerely,

Doris Gottlieb