Givens and boundaries

Winston Kinch kinch at sympatico.ca
Sun May 12 07:41:48 PDT 2002

Oui, Raymond. Kinda like the inverse of "degrees of freedom" like they used
to say in mathematics (at least in the olden days). I think it is useful to
add (or remind ourselves) that there is a 'time' element here too; that
'givens' are a statement at a point in time, reflecting the degree of
freedom (or risk) that sponsors are able to accept at that moment.
Boundaries can and usually do change with time.  Maybe part of the
'mission' of OST is to help allow clients/organizations to (re)move
boundaries - or as some of us might prefer to say become more aware of the
freedoms inherent in the situation...
wk