Open Space in a conference

Eiwor Backelund eiwor.backelund at centerpartiet.se
Tue Mar 26 11:43:27 PST 2002

Hallo Doris,
my first thought is Why shouldn´t you?

And my second Why do they have to stay all the time? We have the law of
two feet that says you do what you need with your time. Maybe in the
invitation you can explain that the first hour is essential and that if
they want to fully participate they ougth to be there during that hour.
I have had some sessions lately where people have arrived during the
opening and if I don´t bother then noone else seems to do it either.
Sometimes there have been some struggling before they get a chair to sit
on and the circle opens to let them in but then I have just stopped for a
while and then started again by repeating my last words. It seems to work.
The others take care of those arriving late and I always repeat how to put
up topics as my last words before I give the space to the participants.

I wouldn´t be surprised if your session gathered most of the visitors
there.

Good Luck

Eiwor