Peaceful themes....

Peggy Holman peggy at opencirclecompany.com
Wed Mar 20 17:57:47 PST 2002

Julie wrote:

> Not surprisingly, I found references to the New
> Testament, specifically the Sermon on the Mount.  What a magnificent
> example of nonresistance that is.

Not knowing much about the New Testament, your reference transported me to
something I read a few months ago.  It was an article by Walter Wink that
put Jesus' advice to "turn the othe cheek" into the context of his time.
Don't know if he said that during the Sermon on the Mount, not even sure if
it meets the distinction of nonresistance, but it made a big impression on
me and it seems to fit this topic.

Here's the link:
http://www.futurenet.org/20spirituality/wink.htm

Peggy

P.S.  Harrison, I eagerly await your next book!