Peaceful themes....

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 20 12:39:27 PST 2002

At 09:02 AM 3/20/2002 -0900, Julie wrote:

>I started wondering if that's what you're talking about when you're
>"holding space" for a group.  And I wonder whether doing Open Space in
>this way, with this higher level of consciousness, is exactly what
>Goldsmith was talking about.  Perhaps the only difference is the focus
>of your work.  Goldsmith devoted his life to being a conduit for healing
>individuals, and it seems you have devoted yours to being a conduit for
>a similar kind of healing for groups (with the happy byproduct that the
>individuals in those groups are also positively impacted by the
>experience.)

thanks for those gems Julie. Akido and The Sermon on the Mount may seem odd
bedfellows, but i think very much in the same patch. To mix my metaphors.
As for Holding Space -- I guess your explanation is as good as any.  It is
certainly clear to me that my personal preparation prior to an Open Space
is intended to bring me to a point of clarity and focus, which given my
normal slovenly state would be considered an improvement, if not "higher
consciousness."  It is also clear to me that sustaining this clarity and
focus over time is my essential contribution to the affair. All the rest
the folks can and do take care of themselves.

ho

>Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, MD 20854 USA