Open Space -- The Credible incredible - Thank you for this rich and dynamic dialogue......

Christine Whitney Sanchez milagro27 at cox.net
Mon Mar 11 22:41:35 PST 2002

Great conversation all.  Harrison, you wrote:

   Freedom and responsibility can be a heady brew, but totally necessary for
meaningful human life. I don't quite know how i got started on all this --
but it is something about seeing the revolutionary character of Open Space,
particularly when done in certain environments. All of which raises the
(ethical) question --  should we be playing with this fire? Personally, I
don't have any choice.

  The revolutionary character of Open Space with its attending freedoms and
responsibilities, are at least half of the appeal for most of my clients who
are sick of opening the dialogue among the stakeholders with the very best
of intentions, only to have most voices fall silent after a wonderful,
one-time event.  In fact, "passion bounded by responsibility" has become a
permanent mantra in some organizations that did not close the space after an
OST event.

  In one "certain environment" revolution was specifically called forth.
Last August, while many of you were attending OSonOS, I was opening space at
the Girl Scouts - Arizona Cactus-Pine Council, Inc.'s Revolution Retreat.
This event intentionally catalyzed the next iteration of a cultural change
effort that continues to inspire me.  As I'm writing this, I realize that I
sound like it's the organization that is doing something.  Of course, it is
the people who have opened thereby opening the system.  I've written an
article about this project for the Chaordic Commons spring newsletter and
would be happy to share it once it has been printed.

  Harrison, I understand that you will be lunching this Wed. with Tamara and
Jacque - the two head revolutionaries.  Enjoy!

  Christine Whitney Sanchez
  Milagro Organizational Consulting, Inc.
  2717 E. Mountain Sky Avenue
  Phoenix, AZ  85048-8990