OS and education reform

Larry Peterson larry at spiritedorg.com
Wed Mar 6 07:49:28 PST 2002

Lisa:

I have "opened the space" in a number of education settings here in
Ontario.  I have some of them listed under Education on my web site. A
lot, but not all of the work has been with the Ontario Teacher's
Federation, but some has also been with the Toronto District School
Board, the Provincial Association of School Board's Curriculum Forum,
and with some elementary and high schools.

I also describe the "Community Forums" that I helped design (not Open
Space) for 2.5 hours in an evening focusing on the future of Public
Education.  We have now held 32 of these across the province with more
that 3000 in attendance from all sectors of the local communities that
sponsored them.  It has just been confirmed that we are moving toward a
3-500 person Provincial Forum from June 6-8, 2002, which will largely be
in Open Space.  The Ontario Teacher's Federation has held 4 OS events
within their organization and two of the lead staff are trained OS
facilitators.

In diverse Ontario, I have not found that folks whose roots are in Asia
have any more difficulty, once they understand what is going on, than
anybody else.  In fact, they love the respect shown by the principles
and law and by the facilitator in an OS event.

Hope this helps.

Larry

Larry Peterson
Associates in Transformation