FW: FW: Transfer in Process

Glory Ressler on.the.edge at sympatico.ca
Sat Jun 22 06:18:56 PDT 2002

  Dear Harrison and all,

You wrote:

> I simply said why I there -- and that involved a story from South
> Africa. And nothing more.So yes, as usual, you are right. But No -- we
> did not do any Story Telling. But that all came out in the wash over
> the next several days. Believe me they told stories -- no invitation
> needed.

We're both right! I see now that in your telling your story, and not
specifically inviting any reciprocal telling, you were not using
storytelling as a 'transfer-in' exercise. I appreciate that. I do not
use it as a 'transfer-in' either. I do tell as you do... a brief story
about why I'm there or one about their theme....
In fact, I was recently hired to do an OST where the sponsor noted
(unsolicited) that a transfer-in exercise during the opening at a
previous OST meeting didn't go over well...
I do, however, use a transfer-in exercise in every other meeting I
facilitate!

Best wishes,
glory