FW: FW: Transfer in Process

Peggy Holman peggy at opencirclecompany.com
Thu Jun 20 16:40:20 PDT 2002

Harrison said:

>I find that the long/slow walk/look around the circle is profound. And if flows very naturally into the opening. My one concern with "things up >front" is that it delays the time that folks actually get into the job.

I have also pretty consistently heard you invite people to look around the circle and to think of each person as a treasure to be discovered.  I have always interpreted this request, along with the walk, as your way of "tuning" the group to themselves and each other.

I continue to experiment with when, if ever, more is useful.  I do know that when people do some story telling, to themselves, the person next to them or the whole circle, something seems to shift in a good way.  I don't yet have any great insight into the pull I feel between anything beyond walking the circle being an unnecessary intervention and the experience that a brief storytelling seems to enhance the experience.

Peggy