A Report from the Field - Another One - Short!

Kathleen A. Pichola kapich at juno.com
Sat Jun 15 08:19:09 PDT 2002

Dear Jim,
My thoughts about your theme...and let me preface this with the fact that
I am a pure novice at themes. It is helpful to my own thinking to be able
to share my thoughts with you...so it is with our mutual learning that I
am responding.  I am also open to other's opinions about my thoughts.
Your theme seems too broad to me.  It seems to me, if the Open Space has
to do with developing the programs for the year, that should be somehow
represented in your title.  What is the theme of those programs?  Is it
totally open or are they planned to address something specific. If you
are addressing particular problems or particular learnings in the
programs you have planned, perhaps the theme could encapsulate those.
I'm thinking out loud about which things should go in the title, which in
the invitation and which in the givens. As I am thinking this through, I
think I would identify my givens first, and then the invitation and the
title or theme seems as if it would emerge from there.
I hope this is helpful to you...it is to me.  thank you for posing the
question that I needed to work on.
Blessings in your work.
Kathleen Pichola

Kathleen A. Pichola, Ph.D