What is the soul and spirit of OST?

Douglas D. Germann, Sr. 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Thu Jul 25 19:18:16 PDT 2002

Alan--

Not sure what you mean by bantering. I take it to mean joking around,
laughing, poking fun at one another. A dictionary I have at hand says much
the same thing--"an exchange of light, playful, teasing remarks."

Are you using the term in the same way?

If you are, it basically to me says the people are at ease with one
another, for one is not playful (usually) with a police officer stopping
one for speeding.

It also seems to me that bantering comes more with age--as we mellow, we
find it easier to "kid around." (Strange sentence, that--older people find
it easier to be child-like, it seems to say. Hmmm....)

In any event, since you work among elders, would you confirm that they more
readily banter than younger people?

And I like the inference I am drawing that people tend to relax in OST--and
are able to be themselves. Good inference?

                              :-Doug. Germann