What is the message of OST?

Martin Leith martin.leith at theinnovationagency.com
Mon Jul 22 14:52:32 PDT 2002

Judi writes:

>As an OST facilitator, if I truly believe the expertise is in the room,
then it is simple to only give input to matters of holding space...

Here's how it is for me: Sometimes the expertise isn't in the room.
Sometimes people don't know what they don't know. Sometimes, like fish, they
can't see the water they are swimming around in. If I can see something that
they can't, or if I have some knowledge that I honestly think they need,
then I may find myself contributing. I may even make a forceful
intervention. It's more about responding with integrity in the moment than
about following rules and models.

Martin