What is the message of OST?

Michael Herman mherman at globalchicago.net
Mon Jul 22 08:37:42 PDT 2002

i have a paper posted online, as the heart of the 'inviting organization'
collection that translates and integrates ken wilber, open space, angeles
arriens, emery, fast company and maybe something else into quadrants for
organization.  chris corrigan has since shown me how these can be used as
ongoing and on-the-spot diagnostic.  nothing fancy in the diagnosing, should
probably say 'orienting'...  it helps me choose which words fit when, in
invitations and otherwise.  he's shown me these quadrants as the seasons of
organization, and we go round and round in them as we spiral upward to the
levels that wilber, hho and others have named.   in each season, we dress
meaning and reality in different clothes.  these quadrants have been helping
chris and i and some others choose our linguistic wardrobes, momemt to
moment.  have a look if you like at
http://www.globalchicago.net/ost/invitingorg/18evolution.html

michael

Winston Kinch wrote:

> Hi Douglas.
> I have sent you off-list an excerpt from a web page I came across which
> should give you an idea of Wilber's essential thinking.  If you have not
> read him, do. He is a (sometimes thoroughly unlikeable) intellectual giant.
> A recent book which summarizes much of his previous work is called "A
> Theory of Everything". His web site is at
> http://wilber.shambhala.com/index.cfm/xid,8287/yid,9296268
> Winston

> Visit:

Michael Herman