using OS for organizational designing and structuring

Ralph Copleman ralph at earthdreams.net
Sun Jul 14 19:28:14 PDT 2002

On 7/14/02 7:10 PM, "Chris Kloth" <kloth at GOT2CHANGE.COM> wrote:

> Barbara Bunker, Ralph Copelman and I did a very interesting Open Space a
> week or two after the S.E.C. approved the sale of an industrial abrasives
> business to some of its management team.  The purpose was to reorganize the
> business very quickly so that they could begin moving on.  We did two
> simultaneous events in their two location locations so that virtually 100%
> of the employees were involved.  We  joined them online so  the news from
> each session was immediately posted to the other site.  I was in one
> location in the Midwest, while Barbara and Ralph were in the east at
> headquarters.
>
> Ralph, have you (we) already posted something on this in the past?  If so,
> maybe we could find the original, fresh version before I go on with
> reconstructionist (faulty memory) history.

Chris and all,

I had forgotten about that client, and I have no recollection that I/we
either did or did not post anything about it.

I do, however, remember this.  We did not use an internet hook-up between
the two sites; we used fax machines.  This was a choice the client made, and
it kept things simple and still met the need.  Most of the topics posted at
both sites, by the way, were identical.

Ralph Copleman