OST: A User's NON-Guide - some comments

Michael Herman mherman at globalchicago.net
Wed Jan 30 12:50:48 PST 2002

hello artur, this is just great.  really enjoyed your postings on the
nonguide.... the bits about amelie, which inspired a little bit more in
the final version of introduction... the surprise bit... perfect! and
exactly my thinking... i wanted to share it with authors, but figured
that they wouldn't know if they wanted to participate or not in this
until they saw the reactions of thecommunity... that conversation is
some of the gift, surprise i/we wanted to give... yes, and the surprises
of what we can do next... some of which written up in metanet now...
appreciated, too, your comment about the introduction as something
you're willing to follow from.  glad.  not sure at all that it is the
right non-guide, or the only. it is a good enough one.  and i think it's
important as community document, allowing some of what i say in the new
metanet topic re; training.  but it is here, as you say.  most
important, probably, is that it is soooooo unfinished... and
unfinishable.... a constant beacon and nagging.  inviting more
conversation, which is just what we want.  found myself wishing i could
add the peace converstion just now, and then wondering if that peace
conversation or some other gems wouldn't pop out in any group after
reading through some of the non-guide.  hope so. like training workshop
seeds.  as you say about another nonguide, you remind me that there are
hundreds of non-guides out there in the archives and yet to be written.
that it's all nonguide.  all open space.  maybe then this makes it hard
to publish any of it on paper.  or easier.  not sure.  am more
interested in what this allows us to do with non-convergence and
non-trainings than in publishing.  so i hope you'll have a look at what
i've posted in the new metanet topic.  thanks again, michael

--

Michael Herman
300 West North Avenue #1105

http://www.michaelherman.com