self organizing systems and world peace

Laurel and Rick laurick at telus.net
Tue Jan 29 15:53:14 PST 2002

How beautifully put, Florian.  From a spiritual perspective, one might argue that putting value judgements on war as "bad" and peace as "good" is very much within our very limited human ability to understand the great processes in the universe.  If one believes, as I do, that we choose our human experience, then those who are engaged in or affected by war are merely experiencing what their soul has come to this plane of existence to experience.  What is, is.  Although we may individually and collectively aspire to world peace, perhaps the universe has other plans.  That's what draws me to OST - the very notion that whatever happens is the only thing that could.  I don't remember anything in the principles about world peace.  (But don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I am not appalled by the horrors of war, only that I can't presume to understand why things happen the way they do.)

Laurel.