OST: A User's NON-Guide

Julie Smith jsmith at mosquitonet.com
Tue Jan 22 10:47:05 PST 2002

Wow.  What a beautiful collection of Us.

I ain't never been in no book before.

'Tis an honor to be in this one.

Thank you.

Julie

Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 11:10:08 -0800
To: OSLIST <OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU>
From: Bill Harris <bill_harris at facilitatedsystems.com>
Subject: Re: journalists in an OS _and_ the NON-Guide

ICA Taiwan wrote:

> Winston's and Lisa's comments were very helpful - especially having
> her as a participant.  I would emphasize  getting permission from the
> group for any photos or quotes/comments and ask the journalist to not
> use any names without permission from that person.    In Indonesia

I glanced at part of the NON-Guide and, like many here, found it
potentially very helpful.

I did have a twinge, though, for it appeared to be a compendium of
copyrighted material that was assembled without explicit permission of
its creators.  In the spirit of Gail's comments above, I wonder if it
would behoove the compilers to solicit and store written permissions
from each of the people they included just to protect themselves.  (It
would have been better to have done that in advance, but now is better
than never.)

That would also let others know their rights were respected in this
forum; otherwise some may decide not to contribute.

Regards,

Bill

PS: If those permissions were solicited and given, then forgive my
presumptiousness.  In that case, you might make it clearer in the
document, though.
--
Bill Harris                                  3217 102nd Place SE
Facilitated Systems                          Everett, WA 98208 USA