OST: A User's NON-Guide

Chris Corrigan chris at chriscorrigan.com
Tue Jan 22 10:39:10 PST 2002

Ralph Copleman wrote:

> Except: you guys are both crazy.  Do your mothers know you stay up that
> late?

My mother always said that without getting a good eight hours sleep, I would
amount to nothing.  As the non-guide is about - well -  nothing (in one
sense) then I guess, like all mothers anywhere, she is right.

Anyway I got in from chopping a bunch of wood (we are having an unusually
heavy snowfall this morning) and was pleasantly surprised to read the
community and what it contributes to Open Space.  It is exactly the kind of
spontaneous self-organization that comes out of a nutrient environment that
is free from prior connections etc. etc.....

Thanks to the 37 quoted within, and to the supporting cast of 260 odd others
whose interventions, offlist remarks, encouragement and tolerance for reading
it all has made this place a good investment of my energy over the past five
years.

And I too want to chip in my thanks to Michael for getting the bright idea in
the first place, encouraging me to phone him at 3 in the morning and talk for
two hours (on more than one occasion), and for generously hosting the
document, and osw.org, at his place.

Chris

> P.S.  Thank your mothers for me.

PS    fwd: mom