journalists in an OS

Ralph Copleman ralph at earthdreams.net
Tue Jan 22 07:07:56 PST 2002

Hello, my friends,

A point of information about living on this list, and a request...

The past few month, it seems to me, more people on the List are using a
typeface (or font) in their e-mail postings that I find very difficult to
read.  I don't know what it's called or if the use is intentional or
converted in transmission.

In any case...

The messages come through is what is known as a "sans serif" font, though I
do not know the name of it.  The letters have no "tails" on them.  When such
letters are combined with very long lines of type (as they always seem to
be) and extra large spaces between paragraphs, I go nearly blind looking at
it.  I struggled for a while, but now when I see such a message, I almost
always delete it right away.  It's physically painful to look at.

My request: if you have a choice, please use another font, shorten the lines
and use just one return-space between paragraphs.

Thanks for any help.

--
Ralph Copleman
609-895-1629