Journalists in OS

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at snafu.de
Sun Jan 20 10:58:34 PST 2002

Dear Ralph,
the only reporters I ever experienced taking a picture of me and it
actually winding up in the paper is in the distant provinces no where
near any important population centers. I really appreciate your
feelings since I also think you are one of the best looking studs on
the other side of the pond.
hugs
michael

On Sun, 20 Jan 2002 11:06:27 -0500, Ralph Copleman wrote:

>I once had a New York Times reporter cover an open space meeting I did.  I
>think it was about two years ago.
>
>The reporter never came forward to identify herself, so I never met her.
>She did not sit in on the opening and did not stay for the closing.  She
>attended a couple of the break-out sessions on topics of interest to the
>story she was working on, and that was it.
>
>Next day her story appeared.  It reported the feelings of the OS
>participants about the issue in question (accurately as far as I could tell)
>and commented on how courteous people were to each other despite the
>potential that existed for heated disagreement.
>
>I would have liked it, of course, if she had raved on about what a cool
>technique the group had used, how much difference it had made, and how
>brilliantly they'd been facilitated by a certain good-looking stud from New
>Jersey, but No-ooo, this strangely did not happen.
>
>Later I recognized that she didn't come to cover the technique but "real"
>events going on in it, which, of course, was proper from her point of view.
>Her readers, after all, were interested not in whether or not spirit was
>moving within the circle, but if progress was made in resolving the conflict
>in question.
>
>Maybe next time they'll get that part about my good looks.  Maybe they'll
>even bring a camera...
>
>Ralph Copleman
>
>*
>*
>Visit:

Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelMpannwitz.de

To subscribe to the oslist, send the following message (and nothing but the message):
"SUBSCRIBE OSLIST" to listserv at listserv.boisestate.edu
SUBJECT field should be left BLANK