for glory

Chris Weaver chris at springbranch.net
Thu Jan 24 20:10:37 PST 2002

> Anyone else out there been bitten by the fear bug lately? (fear of
> financial insecurity, fear of physical health and/or safety, etc...) Tips
> and words of encouragement would be humbly and gratefully received,
> ingested, and digested for nutrients.

Hi Glory my friend,

I've missed you and wondered how you are.
Ever listen to Emmylou Harris?  Just before I read your post I was washing
dishes listening to Red Dirt Girl.  She's a relentlessly courageous
artist...a face-the-roar, walk-into-the-fire-and-out-the-other-side artist,
and she's still singing in my mind (song by Patty Griffin & Angelo):

let's take a ride to the seaside
we can go out swimming in the high tide...

everybody's gone to the movies
everybody's gone and it's groovy
they went to the one about the big war
I didn't - I'd seen it before

I guess
I'm takin my chances
giving up the ring, throwing in my gloves

I guess I'm taking my chances
trading in my things
for a couple wings on a
little white dove