All the non-users guide nit-picking

Laurel and Rick laurick at telus.net
Thu Jan 24 09:56:31 PST 2002

Here's one voice speaking my truth:

I find all this nit-picking, into which I've read a somewhat "more ethical
than thou, more spiritual than thou" tone, really tiresome.  I'm sick of
reading stuff that seems aimed at self-promotion on the list, and henceforth
will simply use the "law of delete" (a term that, I believe, may need to be
credited to Chris Weaver, but I'm really not sure, since it was many, many
months ago that I read it, and it simply stuck to the sides of my brain
cells).

THANKYOU, CHRIS AND MICHAEL, FOR THE TIME, EFFORT, ENERGY AND LOVE THAT WENT
IN TO PRODUCING THIS WONDERFUL RESOURCE.  I MISSED THE ORIGINAL DISCUSSION,
SO AM ENJOYING READING IT, RATHER THAN WADING THROUGH THE ARCHIVES.

One thing this cancer has done for me is to force me to examine my
inhibitions and to try to speak my truth with courage and commitment.  I had
replied off-list to Michael and Chris, but decided to speak up and say
what's on my mind to the whole community.  In case anyone is wondering,
here's what I said to C and M directly:  "I feel quite sad that when you've
devoted the amount of energy required to produce this resource, you are then
asked to expend the energy to defend it.  I'm actually a bit appalled at the
number of nit-picky responses you've had.  Your intentions were clearly (and
PURELY) to organize material that was already in the public domain and to
credit the various sources appropriately."

That's my opinion . . . take it or leave it!

Laurel.