Copy Rights

Don Ferretti DFerrett at placer.ca.gov
Wed Jan 23 15:22:25 PST 2002

I thought that as long as you gave written credit to the source, and did not try to make it seem like it was your work or make money from it, that it was O.K. to quote a persons work.  How wrong have I been in that?

>>> mherman at globalchicago.net 01/23/02 02:22PM >>>
well, maybe too fastidious for me, doug <grin>  but that's just me...
what you say is true, copyrighted when written.  the distinction i think
we need to make is the one regarding 'publication.'  online is different
from on paper.  selling and sharing are different too.  this case is
sharing online, a continuation of what already happens.  not necessarily
trying to solve anything in faqs, just orienting ourselves a bit.
that's why we have hunter-gatherer-in-chief, chris corrigan, in charge
of hte orientation document!  thanks, m

--

Michael Herman
300 West North Avenue #1105