Ethnic conflict resolution; was: Self-Organization is What Consciousness (Spirit) Does

Michaël Molenaar michael.molenaar at wxs.nl
Mon Jan 7 14:41:37 PST 2002

Yes!
There is a new way of dealing with ethnic conflicts, called Family &
organization Constellation by Bert Hellinger, which since some time is
evolving especially to these huge conflicts. (it is also called systemic
work)
It is not a coincidence that Bert Hellinger, who is a German, has evolved
this work to ethnic conflict. In may last year there was a international
conference in Germany on ethnic questions and conflict resolutions.
I wasn't there, but I have seen a very impressive video on a constellation
of a Palestinian and a Israeli.
It was very impressive, but it is very difficult to say in words what
exactly happened. ("The best cannot be put in words")
But if I try some words about it, what essentially works is that it is
possible to make deep healing moves if Israeli's can tell their own "Story"
about their roots and the immense history of deads and their rights of
belonging towards their conflict partner and that the same can be done by
Palestinians vise versa AND that both be able really hearing each other.
Then nothing else has to be done, because this is self healing.
By putting this up in a constellation this self healing takes place in a way
that no one has to interfere. And it is just time that it will take, that
this will take effect on the whole ethnic system. And I think it is
essential that nobody interferes, because you can only play an essential
role when you don't interfere. Maybe there is only one type of
non-interference that is allowed: and that's where the question in your
discussion came up: How can self-healing be established?

Please look at the website of Bert Hellinger, where (of course with
permission of the clients) some constellations are written out. Bert
Hellinger worked last november in Israel and in October in Washington. look
at: http://www.hellinger.com/deutsch/tunnel/tunnelframe_deutsch.html (this
is a direct link to interviews with Bert on his workshops there). A pity it
is only in German, but those who can, I strongly recommend reading this.
There are also some English pages at his website: http://www.hellinger.com

For those of you who can't read German:
There is also a website of an experienced constellation facilitator: Sneh
Victoria Schnabel http://www.victoria-schnabel.com with a good explanation
of this work in English and an interesting interview on the subject also in
English http://www.victoria-schnabel.com/uk/interview.html

I myself have learned facilitating constellations from her (as well as from
others), and my other passion is Open Space

Greetings,
Michaël Molenaar
Tilburg - Holland
michael.molenaar at wxs.nl <mailto:michael.molenaar at wxs.nl>