News from Taiwan and some stuff from Germany

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at snafu.de
Sat Jan 5 22:14:44 PST 2002

Dear Gail,
grand! Wish you more of the same success and fun.
I really like your inclusion of clients in the training and the way
it gives opportunities for real, hands on stuff to practice in the
training.
I would greatly appreciate getting the design of your training (mine
you can look up under "trainings" in my website, there is a report in
English).
Later this month there will be an os-Learning Workshop for
trained/experienced os-facilitators, full 2,5 days, for the german
speaking crowd under the title "I, open space-facilitator". This grew
out of the passion to improve facilitation. Perhaps this will be the
beginning of an open space-focused annual event, whatever happens....
There is lots of stuff going on in Germany including a couple of
trainings that Joe Toepfer and Eva Gehltomholt are involved in in May
in Berlin and Vlotho. Also, Susanne Weber keeps running a tally on
open space and other large group happenings. She estimates that there
are about 50 active large group intervention-facilitators in Germany
(including colleagues that do mostly os or fs or RTSC or AI) with
open space apparently the most frequently used technology. And
Matthias zur Bonsen has his annual large group
intervention-facilitator meeting which draws a crowd of 140
colleagues each year (also in January) which is also frequented by
the os-crowd. He and others also offer workshops in the
german-speaking countries.
See you in Australia in November!
Greetings from Berlin
michael

On Sun, 6 Jan 2002 13:51:28 +0800, ICA Taiwan wrote:

>New Years Greetings to you all.  And many thanks for the plethora of
>recent diverse and thought-provoking questions and contributions on
>the listserv that I have shared with my Taiwanese colleagues, helping
>us ground the profundity of Open Space work.
>
>OS is indeed alive, well and spreading in Taiwan.  We had our third
>2-day training in December, especially powerful because of the
>seriousness and practicality of it.  We had 3 perspective and 1
>previous client organizations represented, so day 2 we had real
>situations to work with.  In small teams participants were able to do
>actual sponsor interviews, design themes and work out practical
>arrangements as well as practice opening space.  One of those - a
>2-day program - has already been done successfully, guided by a new
>facilitator and we're getting ready for the next.  Another
>participant reports she has done several programs within her company.
>We now have 7 or 8 people actively advocating and/or facilitating OS
>programs on their own.  And we're eagerly awaiting whatever and when
>ever the next surprise!
>
>Gail
>--
>Gail West, ICA
>3F, No. 12, Lane 5, Tien Mou West Road
>Taipei 111 Taiwan
>Phone: (8862) 2871-3150,  Fax: (8862) 2871-2870
>
>*
>*
>Visit:

Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelMpannwitz.de

To subscribe to the oslist, send the following message (and nothing but the message):
"SUBSCRIBE OSLIST" to listserv at listserv.boisestate.edu
SUBJECT field should be left BLANK