self organizing systems and world peace

florian fischer florianfischer at ff-wey.com
Tue Jan 29 02:34:22 PST 2002

Birgitt Williams schrieb:

> -----"if Open Space is a self organizing system,
> why don't we have world peace?
>

> -----"if Open Space is a self organizing system,
> why are so many of us on the list working
> as consultants who facilitate Open Space Technology meetings
> and thereby interfere in a self organizing system?"

dear birgitt,
let me think about your two questions.

if we agree that the universe, including our world,
is a self organizing system
we have to accept, that in fact every  happens is self organized.

if there is peace its the only thing which could happen: self organized.
if there is war its the only thing which could happen: self organized.

we have to accept that very world, because there is no other one,
not like it is, because it is not , but it is steadily unfolding itself
as a prozess, not asking us wether we enjoy it or not.

our doing as facilitators and consultants is part of
the selforganized process of the display of the world.

i'm afraid to accept that it is totally not our personal decision
to work as facilitators in OST-meetings. it happens selforganized,
we serve as  part of a wideranged systemical process.

under  systemical aspect our doing is connected
as well as bad with peace as with war. well, there is a difference
and there is a distance between, we are more or less
pending to one or another direction within the complex space,
but we are part of the selforganized process, connected, involved,
reponsible to all, all, all which happens and to all who are acting.

without our doing the system would show a void.
let us go on in passion, patience and responsibility
pending for peace.

(hoping my english works so far)
florian

florian fischer