Kenoli's reply

Lisa Heft lisaheft at pacbell.net
Thu Jan 24 16:10:47 PST 2002

Hello, all -

Don't forget to b-r-e-a-t-h-e.

In the interest of passion and personal responsibility, I would like to
stand up in the circle and say that you can all feel free to use my words
and my on-line ponderings in any way you feel they will be useful to you.
And I'd be touched if you'd ask me / let me know you're doing that, but I
know that things don't always work like that.  Enjoy.  This is, after all, a
learning community.  I feel knowledge is best when it is shared, in any way,
shape or form.

I would also like to recommend revisiting the concept of personal
responsibility.  I do see a lot of passion exhibited here.  The personal
responsibility part is that I recommend (hmm: I'm caught up in my own
words - I'm not saying you *should* but I'm offering it as an option, a
choice...) when you stand up in this circle you say what *you* will do, not
what someone *else* should do, how things should be, or how things should be
said.  If you feel passionately that something should be written differently
or presented differently, than it sounds like you have a great book inside
of you, and I encourage you to write it in your own way and I am eager to
see it and learn from it.  Also, if you feel uncomfortable with your words
being used in another person's piece of writing, I honor you for letting the
writer-gatherer know that you would like to edit or withdraw your own words
from that piece.

I think that things done with positive and pure intention can only enrich us
all, and I thank you again, Michael and Chris, for your amazing contribution
to our learning and our richness.  And as the two editors of this anthology,
as it were, I am perfectly comfortable with you drawing the boundaries of
what you are offering and presenting to us all.  We are blessed by your
gifts.

Lisa

- - -
L i s a   H e f t
Consultant, facilitator, educator
Open Space Technology and Experiential Learning

2325 Oregon
Berkeley, California
94705-1106  USA
(+01) 510 548-8449