evaluation

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at snafu.de
Sat Feb 23 14:49:59 PST 2002

Dear Rita,
aside from the closing circle which from my experience is a mix of
feedback, evaluation, grand expansions of silence, thank you
messages, wonderings about which of the stuff people agreed upon will
actually materialize, songs or dances performed, expressions of awe
on the transformation of the group,  etc. a student-researcher got
people involved in filling out a small questionnaire (it was
announced beforehand, it was anonymous, it was in kiss-style, it was
voluntary). Among other things she tried to find out how participants
viewed open space as compared to the usual sort of meeting/planning
session. This student has now compiled her findings in a small report
(she also interviewed people that came to follow up meetings) which
will be available on my website in a few days. Its in German (one of
the open spaces she attended was an international meeting of 110
youths from 32 European countries, so she designed an english
language questionnaire).
Sponsors might be interested in getting a feedback based on such a
questionnaire.
Greetings from Berlin
michael

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002 15:19:55 EST, Rita Schweitz wrote:

>I opening space for an annual meeting for an organization that previously
>used speakers and preplanned breakout sessions.
>
>The organization wishes to evaluate the conference, specifically how pleased
>people are with the open space.
>
>I suggested that they record comments made in the closing circle which they
>agreed to do. However, since the sponsor of their funding will be in the
>room, the committee feels that people may not feel able to comfortable in
>saying anything negative or critical.
>
>I would appreciate any ideas, experiences with evaluation.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Rita Schweitz
>303-300-3322
>
>*
>*
>Visit:

Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
Fax2mail: 49-30-263 917 301 521
www.michaelMpannwitz.de

To subscribe to the oslist, send the following message (and nothing but the message):
"SUBSCRIBE OSLIST" to listserv at listserv.boisestate.edu
SUBJECT field should be left BLANK